Saturday, August 29, 2009

fast and furious

It seems that the slower it gets at work, the more time I spend evangelizing. I had a wonderful conversation with a young server that went to a Christian school for all of her education. I can tell you that whether she is saved or not, there are definitely some choices she has made that were not biblical. Either way, we were talking about movies in our culture nowadays, and I mentioned to her a parable that I heard just last weekend from our friends down south. (it seems that they have made an impact on us, no?) I will give you the condensed version here...

The parable has to do with a teenage son wanting to see a movie that is mostly great, but with just one small part in it that is not appropriate. He argues with the dad up and down that he should get to see it because it is so great, and it's only just one small part that's inappropriate, the rest of the movie is great, all my friends are going...you know the teenage peer pressure out there.
Anyhow, the dad doesn't cave in. Instead, the next day, he invites his son's friends all over and when they are all gathered around, the dad says "I have made a special treat for you all. I made some brownies. Now these brownies aren't just regular brownies, they are top of the line premium brownies. I used the best chocolate out there, the finest flour, the sweetest premium sugar. I went all out on the brownies. The only thing is, I went to the back yard and got a small piece of dog poop and tucked it in there. Now it is only one very small piece of dog poop, the rest of the brownies are out of this world good. Who wants one?"

The point is, even if it's only one tiny part of a movie that is dog poop, are you still going to eat it?

I am going to post some more about our trip and the good times that we had on vacation, soon, really.

No comments: