Monday, August 17, 2009

bbq'in

Yesterday was a busy day of bbq's and sun for us. We spent the lunch time and afternoon at the beach with most of the members of our church, hanging out and catching some sun. There was a bbq there, along with the most important business of the day, the baptisms.


Everyone had a good time, playing in the sand, eating some food, splashing in the water. Not necessarily in that order mind you, but fun all the same.
After we managed to drag the kids out of the ocean, we headed of to the Benitez-Gomez family get together.


We saw some of Vanessa's family that we haven't had a chance to see in a while, and remark on how big her younger cousins are getting. It's kind of dating me, but I have to say I remember when they were just young pups, as old as my kids are now, when I met them. Now, they are all graduated, going to college/university, getting married, travelling the world. *sigh* as I get sentimental and comment on how quickly time seems to pass.

If you are tired of the "old age lamenting" I have to say be patient, it will pass. See, today is the day after my birthday, which traditionally has been equally if not more important than my actual birthday. So, given the fact that I have marked another year passing, so comes my momentary lamentations.


Awaiting the passport today, hoping it shows up so we can head down the visit the Messenger family tomorrow. Not sure why when Vanessa and I applied at the exact same time hers showed up last week and mine is MIA. There must be a reason for it, even if I am unaware. Until then, we're going to try to pack in secret and keep it quiet from the kids that we are going away.

No comments: