Monday, April 16, 2007

the end of a vacation

Tonight marks the end of my week off of work. I guess it really can't be called a vacation, because we didn't go anywhere, but my time off was enjoyed none the less.
My week was filled with shopping, eating, playing soccer at the park, and hockey. Lots of hockey, all 3 Canucks games so far in fact. What a great week for the playoffs to start.
So, after a week of just hanging out, tomorrow marks the start of a very busy time at work for me. Besides teaching a class tomorrow, the next couple weeks will be filled with planning for the Single Greatest Restaurant Event of the Year.
Mothers Day...(Q foreboding music).
I have recently found out that my boss will in fact be traveling to Disney World in Florida, leaving the morning of the Single Greatest Restaurant Event of the Year.
Which means that I am in charge.
I have a strong feeling that how the planning and execution of the Single Greatest Restaurant Event of the Year works out will have a large amount to do with what happens with my career. There really is no pressure though, and I'm sure that the next 3 weeks are not going to fly by at all.
Especially while the Canucks are in the playoffs. Go Canucks Go!

No comments: