Monday, June 2, 2008

a bit late

ok, so I didn't get back to you to discuss treasures in heaven. Sorry about that, I hadn't realized that it's been a week already. Time flies when you are filling your brain with information. If you read the passage though, you will maybe notice what really stood out to me as a call to action:
"You cannot serve both God and Money"
This may be hard for some, especially in the modernized western society that we live in. I find myself struggling with it to, every now and then when I see houses for sale, and note the distinct fact that we are not even close to getting in to one. That's ok though, cause we have a roof over our heads, walls that keep the wind and rain out, and warm dry blankets to keep us snug.

On to happier thoughts, EMR class seems to be going well. The daily quizzes are coming along nicely, and I think I have a good grasp of the practical side of things so far as well. I have to admit, I am a bit nervous about the final on Friday and the hands on exam on Monday.

Birch Bay weekend is coming up, and even though there will be an all day exam on Monday, I hope to make it down for an overnight visit with the family. My brother and his wife & kids will be there, as will my parents. The weather should be nice, and I look forward to taking the kids to the pool and getting some sunshine.

Much to my surprise, it took almost 2 weeks (13 days) for my GM to phone me and ask me a question about work. A question that he should have known the answer to, he is the GM for pete's sake. But to {insert corporate restaurant name here} I say:

Keep your restaurant. I'm going to be a Paramedic.

No comments: