Thursday, June 19, 2008

as doubt creeps in

I am not sure why, but for some reason I seem to be entertaining the notion of staying with {corporate restaurant name here} until the new year. I was offered the possibility of a raise, if I would commit to then. I am not really sure why I am considering it. I think it is because that would be the easy choice, which would allow me to maintain status quo and not have to make any major life changes. Well, not just that, but the benefit of the kids staying at the same school for another year or two, instead of having to change once now and again when I take the PCP.
To move would take a lot of planning, a lot of changes and decisions. I want to know that this is the right choice first, but really it isn't up to me. It's up to God.
As I come home from the final night of Freedom Session, the graduation complete, I am reminded that I need to listen to what God is trying to tell me. The one rule in life that I am really trying to live by is "do the last thing that God wanted to you do". All you have to do is follow that rule, and He will be sure to take care of you, and deliver on His promises. The struggle is: taking the time to listen to Him, and having the courage to act on it. I know I need to spend more time listening. The funny thing is, even though I know this, I still choose not to.
I look forward to the Thursday night meetings of the "triad", now that Freedom Session is over, my group of dudes that will hold me accountable to listen to God and encourage me to act on what I hear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

darn right we'll keep you accountable. and it will the other way around to.



mike