Tuesday, May 6, 2008

taking a turn

I spent last weekend at a camp just outside of Cultas Lake, in Chilliwack B.C. Besides being one of the most beautiful places to spend a weekend, it was an amazing experience for me.

While there, I was surrounded by over a hundred fellow men from my church, looking to spend a weekend getting closer to God, bonding with men, and having some quiet time.

What we got was an experience of a lifetime, I can not even begin to explain here what an impact this weekends teaching and worship time had on my life. I felt God working in me, and I know that there was not a single man there that wasn't feeling the same spirit moving in him.

I will be taking a bit of a turn here with what I blog about, making it more of a journal and a place to record what I come across as I read the Bible, and the truths that come to me. I will still post the witty anecdote and tale of life as a Dad, soon to be a Dad who is taking an EMR program so he can change professions soon, but that will not be the main focus.

I can only hope that what I write will touch someone out there, possibly open some eyes, ease some pain, answer some questions, or make you laugh. If you feel particularly touched about something that you read here, please leave a comment, as I would love to hear about it.

No comments: