Thursday, May 15, 2008

the power of Jesus

The story of Lazarus is a fairly popular one, but I've never really studied it until today. It tells of how Lazarus is sick, yet Jesus takes his time in going to see him, 2 days in fact, before he leaves.
Lazarus dies before Jesus gets there, but with God's power he is able to raise Lazarus to life again.

Worth a read, for sure, as we get a glimpse of just how powerful Jesus is. My favorite quote from this chapter is

"I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die."

This really in itself is cause to let go of any worry or fear that we may have. Most of us see the worst possible outcome of a situation as death; this goes to show that if you are walking with Jesus, then you do not need to fear death, since you will have eternal life. So why worry?

No comments: