Wednesday, May 14, 2008

after happily ever after

Last night my beautiful wife and I went to the Focus on the Family marriage conference. It was definitely interesting, funny, and had some good insights into what makes a marriage last. Well, not just last, but thrive for decades.

Part of how we ended up going was that we volunteered, and helped at the bookstore during the pre-show and intermission. It was easy work, and it gave us a chance to scan the crowds for anyone we knew.

Because of this event though, I wasn't able to do any studies yesterday. This is ok though, because at the event there was some good teaching. One of the important bits of teaching that spoke to me was all about affirming your spouse. Now this isn't rocket science, and I think that we all understand how important it is to affirm your wife, but have a read of this passage, and tell me if you don't think that your wife would be appreciative of hearing this on a daily basis.

No comments: