Monday, May 19, 2008

the need for self discipline

It is great that I came across this passage the day before I start the intense 3 week EMR course.

Short and sweet, it's to the point. Run to get the prize at the end, not for an Earthly crown but for a crown that will last forever.

"Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize"

I think the key message here is that we need to be disciplined in the way that God wants us to be. Spend time with him every day. The closer we get to God, the more He will be able to work through us. The more we let Him work through us, the more we will be blessed.

No comments: