Friday, July 20, 2007

pah-nopoly

This afternoon the kids and I were just hanging out at home. Vanessa went out for coffee with a friend, which left me to entertain. I am not a huge fan of using the TV for children's entertainment, at least not unless it means I get to sleep in, or leave the kids alone while I galavant to all the bars in town. Ok, so I don't actually do that. Much.

Back to today. Mom left, and we hunkered down on the living room floor to play a game of pah-nopoly. Wednesday night we had a game, and Thomas won. I didn't let him win, he won fair and square. Which meant that today, it was all about revenge. I could not let him win 2 times in a row. What kind of example would that set? If he went on a winning streak, it would just destroy him when that streak finally ended. So I didn't let it begin.

I was playing to win today, as much as you can in this game of chance. But I tell you, I didn't let up on the boy for one minute. And I came out victorious. I know, he is only 4 (5 next week) but now he doesn't have to face the inevitable fall from the mountain of victory that a winning streak would have let him climb. Because of this, he took the loss very well. And I am sure that next time we play, he will be ready to deal with the outcome, whatever it will be.

No comments: