Friday, July 6, 2007

on asking for help

On Wednesday, I woke with the crazy notion of sanding the kitchen table, with the intent of restaining or painting it. I mentioned this idea to Vanessa, to which she enthusiastically agreed since the decade old table was showing it's age.

I took it outside, since it was going to be an extremely dusty job. The weather was definitely cooperating, 30 degrees in the bright sunshine. This is my kind of day. Knowing that I would be in the sun for a few hours, I hit up the sunblock before beginning outdoors.

I will take a moment to mention that Vanessa went out, and it was just the kids, me, and my good friend Mike here to hang out.

Now, after applying the sunblock to my arms & face, I thought that with my extraordinarily long arms, I would be able to take care of my back all by myself, saving Mike from the awkward task of rubbing me with sunblock.

After a few hours sanding the table, I came to discover that I was just slightly misguided. I have a rather strong sunburn, about the size of a melon on my back.

Next time Mike, you will be subjected to the awkwardness of sunblocking my back. Whether you like it or not.

No comments: