Thursday, October 9, 2008

war stories

I'm reading the book of Joshua right now, trying to find something worth quoting here. I am intrigued by this story, and I find myself unable to break it down in to one specific quote, or "lesson" for the day.
The general gist of what I am reading now is, Joshua has the nation of Army to lead back to Israel after spending 40 years in the dessert.
He is relying completely on the Lord to help him win the wars that will inevitably ensue after he tries to take back the land that others have now occupied for the 40 year trip in the dessert.
The part that is fascinating, is that chapter after chapter, we are told of how Joshua and his army were able to lay siege to the entire land "So Joshua took this entire land: the hill country, all the Negev, the whole region of Goshen, the western foothills, the Arabah and the mountains of Israel with their foothills" (joshua 11:16) and take conquer it for Israel.
All this could not have been done without the help of God, which leads me to the "lesson" for the day that I guess I do have after all:
Put your trust in God, listen to what he has to tell you. Do what He says, and He will give you all the help you need.

No comments: