Monday, October 27, 2008

latest edition of "things I never thought I would say"

This entry comes a long while after the last one. In fact, if I had the motivation, I would search my archives to find the last post of T.I.N.T.I.W.S. to tell you how long in fact it's been, and to link to it so you may check them out.
To you, I say, search the archives on your own time. Not in a nasty way, just in a 'I assume you have much more time than me to search the archives' kind of way.

Anyway, over breakfast of pancakes & sausage (eggs for me, can't have the pancakes of course), a conversation between Eleanor & Momma:

Momma: "do you like your breakfast"
Eleanor: "yes, it's ok. The pancakes are good"
M: "do you like the sausage?" (we are trying a new kind of sausage, it was pretty good actually)
E: "it's ok, not as good as the pancakes (which are currently being eaten without butter or syrup)
M: "do you want to try some syrup on them?"
E: "no"
M: "are you SURE? they are REALLY good with syrup"
E: "yes, I'm sure! no syrup!


Since when do parents have to try and actually encourage their kids to eat syrup? I totally thought that it should be the other way around, like "stop drinking the syrup", or "would you like some pancake with your syrup"

Hm. Something new every day.

2 comments:

Childsplayx2 said...

Oh man. My kids beg for more syrup on their pancakes. As soon as they can't see it sitting on top, they start begging for more.

Luckily, "more" is relative a one more drop on their pancake usually suffices.

Anonymous said...

annemarie & her mom are like children when it comes to their pancakes & syrup. when we go to a restaurant for breakfast, we go through at least 2 bottles of syrup.