Wednesday, September 16, 2009

organize anyone?

Still trying to figure out a set routine/schedule for our family. Half of the curriculum was obtained yesterday, with the other half on order and due in soon. A more structured school schedule is falling in to place, which I think will be great for the kids.

For me, I am trying to organize the weekly lesson plan for Awana Cubbies, which shouldn't be too difficult as they lay it all out for me in the handy "Jumper Celebrations" binder. The trouble is though, our group of pre-schoolers is mostly on the "pre" end of the spectrum as opposed to the "close to schoolers" end of the spectrum. The lesson plan last week seemed a bit over their heads, but I am trusting that God will work in the little one's hearts anyways and help them get the meaning of the lessons. I will also try to gear the language down a bit, so they don't get lost.

Then, there is the community group starting tonight, which I am excited for. Oh, did I mention that we are apprentice leaders? Which means that as the months go by, there will be extra work for us to take on, leading up to a possible group of our own in January. Again, I will be trusting God that he gives us what we need to be ready and great at this new posting.

And last, the possibility that our world will be flipped around a bit with a new job for me. I know! It's not for sure yet, and as I type I am anxiously awaiting the phone call from our possible generous financial backers. If they come through, I will be handing in my notice, and spending a good part of October in Alberta doing some training to take over my very own restaurant. See this post here for more details.

And the race continues...

2 comments:

messengerfamily said...

Just remember when you schedule your day to forget everything you learned in public school. Many many people make that world go around, when it is just a mama it is different. No caffeteria lady, no janitor, no pe teacher, no librarian...just mama and your encouragement so go easy dad...throw expectations out the window!

Russell said...

No expectations here! Just noting that our kids do better with some structure (we don't, but Eleanor likes to ring a little bell when we send them out for "recess" and a snack).
I'm more our of sorts with all of the outside of homeschooling stuff I have going on right now, and getting that all organized and inline.