Wednesday, January 14, 2009

P/T SAHD

I mentioned that Vanessa has a job now. It's a job with normal people hours, unlike my job which is all over the place. I have had yesterday and today off, and with Vanessa at work now instead of sleeping in, shopping and going out for lunch with her, I am a part time stay at home dad.
Because of this, I am doing fun things, such as: loads of laundry, vacuuming and cruising the world wide web. (do people call it that anymore? is it just internet? surfing? googling?) Maybe spend some time exercising (hahaha...I thought about going for a run yesterday. Then I stopped thinking about it when my knees reminded me that they should have a say in it too), watching Oprah and eating bon bons...
The good news is, staying home and doing fun things like laundry doesn't cost anywhere near as much money as shopping and going out for lunch. Added bonus: time to blog.

I found this during my "surfing" this morning. I would be a "squire" which sounds about right.

The mornings seem to be going ok so far. It's only been 3 days, but all 3 have seen Vanessa get to work on time, the kids lunches have been made and equipped with all necessary eating utensils, ice packs and snacks. They have even been ready early enough that we have had time to watch pokemon before leaving for school. It's on from 8-8:25, which is perfect. It ends early enough for the kids to get their shoes on, and get out to the car to make it to school on time. Today we even got there 5 minutes before the first bell.

Not sure how long we can keep this up, as I have been off for two days in a row now. May be more of a challenge if I close during the week, but so far it's great.

No comments: