Tuesday, September 11, 2007

moment of silence

I am sure that nobody needs a reminder of what happened 6 years ago in New York. We do all need to take a moment to stop, and honor those who died in this senseless attack on freedom. Say a prayer for their families and friends.




I remember exactly where we were that morning. Eleanor had been in the hospital for almost 3 weeks and Vanessa and I were living out of a one room space in the Easter Seal house in Vancouver. We were spending our days in the hospital, long long days, and coming back to sleep. For some reason on this morning, I turned the TV on while Vanessa was in the shower. I don't even know how it ended up on CNN, we didn't regularly watch it at all. It was right when the first images of the first plane hitting the tower were hitting the airwaves, and I remember thinking to myself 'which movie is this'? I soon realized that it was CNN that I was watching, and it was no movie. I called Vanessa out of the bathroom, and we stood stunned for about 30 minutes or so, watching the scenes play over and over, and feeling ill deep inside. The rest of the day the hospital was abuzz with the news, every TV set tuned to CNN.


Where were you this day 6 years ago, when the world stood still?

No comments: