Monday, September 24, 2007

30 today

Lots of people get very emotional over turning 30. I remember a time ago, when I was but a young lad, that I was at my aunt's birthday party. She was turning 30. There was a good part of the evening that she spent sobbing, sad that she had just turned old. Being younger, I am sure that at the time I agreed with her.

Now though, as with all youth who eventually grow up, I must admit that 30 doesn't really seem that old. At least not to me. I still feel like I am young, if not at 7am at least at certain points in the day. And my brain does not feel old like I would expect it to. Sometimes I still wonder how it is that I am a dad, cause dad's are supposed to be dad-like, and I don't always feel like a dad.

Now that I have had a months experience being 30, I get to rub it in to Vanessa that as of today, she is OFFICIALLY 30. It's only playful though, because neither of us really feel old. I wonder if kids now look at us and think "I can't believe he is doing that, he's so old" or "can you believe what that old man is wearing?".

Vanessa, Happy Birthday to you. I love you, and I pray this year sees you well and joyful.

No comments: