Sunday, October 11, 2009

I am about to begin my last week at my current restaurant. I can't remember if I have ever told you all out there which restaurant it is, but if I haven't here's a clue-it's somewhere you would go if you were celebrating a MILESTONE.('s)

I am looking forward to this week, as well as feeling some sadness. I am about to leave the old and familiar, which has grown stale in the last year or two, for the shiny and new. I know that there are a lot of "stories" out there about people doing this particular thing, leaving the old for the new, and having it not work out for them. I am hoping that this is not one of those instances.

There are people I will miss, and people that I will bring with me to the new venture. Alas, I can not take all of the people I want to. It's just not the right venue for everyone. I am cautiously lamenting the turn from a 38 hour work week to something closer to 50. Who am I kidding? Closer to 50? I'll be happy if I can keep it to 50 in the first 6 months. After that I should be able to cut the hours back.

I am working hard to stay positive in my saunter to the finish line at work. I really am trying to make an effort to do things the same as I would if I just started out a few months ago and was trying to impress. Fighting the "I don't care" attitude will be a challenge. I just have to remember that God would not be impressed at me slacking off this week, so I will do my best to put all of what I have in to it this week. Or at least as much as I have been for the last year or so, which isn't all but still quite enough.

FTR-sometimes I would like to secretly videotape people at family dinners saying obscenely inappropriate things after having 3 too many drinks and play it back for them when they are sober so they may see how hurtful and painful their drunken comments really are to those around them. Not to shame them, but to help them realize how foolish they are behaving in hopes that they might be encouraged to make a change.
*sigh*

No comments: