Thursday, March 6, 2008

golf balls

Yesterday we were at the thrift store in Abbotsford, looking for the sofabed that we saw last week. We decided to return and buy the sofa, with the dream of one day having a home that was big enough to use it.
The sofa had sold in the 6 days since we were there last, much to our disappointment. While we were checking out the other various goods (which takes a while, it's a huge store/complex) I came across the "sports" section. There wasn't too much there, except a few packages of new golf balls. Since I tend to lose a lot when I golf, I thought it would be prudent to pick some up since they were so much cheaper than anywhere else.
Thomas and I tire of looking in the store, but Vanessa is still looking for the perfect find. So, we go out to the car and wait. I brought the golf balls out with us, and put them in the trunk. We had been hanging out in the car for a few minutes when Vanessa and Eleanor finally return to the car. Just as they do, Thomas asks me

T: "Daddy, can I see your balls?"
Me: "um, pardon?"
T: "Can I see your balls?"
Me: "oh sure, of course you can see my balls."

Yeah, so I can't tell you how funny that was. I tried, but I don't know that in reading it you can see just how funny it was. This led to a number of further jokes about balls (golf, of course) all through the rest of the day, none of which Thomas or Eleanor picked up on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.