Thursday, June 28, 2007

things I never though I would say

Last fall, there was one night where the family was sitting down to have dinner. Now I understand that nachos may not be the most nutritious dinner ever, but it can't possibly be the worst either. Anyway, it's not like we eat them every week or anything, but they are tasty and easy to make. It was one time. Stop yelling at me.

So, as we are getting ready to eat, dishing up the kids food, Vanessa asked Eleanor how many chips she wanted. She said 5.

This began the list of Things I Never Thought I Would Say when I signed up for the parenting gig I now am a part of. Since that moment, I have been tracking all of the phrases that were unexpectedly crossing my mouth since then. The first was

"you need to eat more than 5 chips for dinner"

After saying this, it made me stop and think. Did I ever think that I would one day actually have to be talking my 5 year old in to eating MORE chips for dinner? The things you learn as a parent are amazing.

No comments: