Friday, March 23, 2007

wake up call

I was laying in bed this morning, very much enjoying the act of sleeping that was taking place after a long night at work last evening. Right around 8:30, I answered the phone. My mom was on the phone, cancelling our dinner plans, because my sister in law Angela's water had broken this morning.
It's spring break right now, and Eleanor hasn't had to go to school for the last 2 weeks, which means we have been enjoying some very lazy mornings. Much like this one was shaping up to be, before the phone call.
I hang up the phone, and mumble to Vanessa that dinner is off, because Angela's water has broken. Instantly awake, her mind is racing.

V: Are you going to come out to Maple Ridge with us, or stay here and sleep?
Me: mmm...sleep
V: Really? It's not every day that a baby is born!
Me: Actually, there are thousands born everyday.
V: Obviously...I meant in our family
Me: mmm...sleep

I don't know that I have seen Vanessa and the kids get ready that quickly, even when Eleanor is going to be late for school. Off they went, in record time.
I should tell you that I do work again tonight, tomorrow I will head out there to visit & help with the kids. Until then, I went back to sleep.

Sweet Sweet Sleep.

No comments: