Monday, October 11, 2010

Turkey Day Off

I have been anxiously awaiting my next shifts on the ambulance. It's been almost 2 weeks though, and nothing new scheduled. Hopefully I can get something scheduled this week for next, and be done with it. That would mean that I have to get my application ready for my license, get my application ready for BCAS for when I get my license, and get my class 4 so I can drive the bus. That is the one thing that I will not be allowed to do on my practicum shifts, is drive the bus. I am pretty excited for the day I get to, when I can flip the lights and sirens on and scream down the road. (I actually started smiling at that thought)

We had thanksgiving dinner here at our house last night, and I think it went pretty well. We had a total of 17 people here, cause #18 was home sick. I dropped some food off for him, then came home to the madhouse. It actually went pretty smooth, everyone brought something tasty to eat so the work was spread out a bit. We moved a couch out to the carport, a chair in the back yard, and left the kids in the kitchen to eat while the adults filled the living room. It was a night full of learning too, as we all learned that when you cook a turkey "upside down" (the breast down instead of the top), the white meat stays very moist. Totally intentional on my part...yeah...

Today we have a mound of turkey in the fridge, and a full day off of work and school for everyone. Not sure what to do with either of those things, but will hopefully figure it out soon.

No comments: