Wednesday, February 17, 2010

westward bound

The great debate if we will be busy at work or not seems to be weighing to the side of not. Even for the mens hockey, team Canada played last night, and it was very much not busy. It picked up a little after the game, but it looks like the Olympics are bad for business in South Surrey.

So, I have taken today off of work. I could fight the Olympic power, rail against it and how it is hurting business...or I can take the family down to Robson square and try and hit up the outdoor skating rink in the glorious sunshine. This is most likely the only time in our lives that we will be a part of the Olympics, especially in our home town. Who knows if there is a trip in our future to see them somewhere else, but if I was a betting man, I would bet that that probably won't ever happen. Because of this, we are going to brave the skytrain and ride downtown to the crowds. I am expecting it to be an exciting day, full of adventure and culture from around the world.

If nothing else, we will get to spend the day together as a family. In the sun. God is Wonderful, isn't He?

No comments: