Friday, February 12, 2010

It's been a busy couple weeks for me. I am down to 6 days a week at work, but my day off keeps me quite busy with church in the morning and awana at night. The light at the end of the tunnel keeps getting brighter though, as I just had a part time person open up his hours to full time, and will be able to get me a second day off.

The Olympics start today, and I am unsure of what will happen at the restaurant. Will we see more traffic of visitors? Will lots of regulars and locals stay close to home and come by? Will people come out to watch the bobsleigh?

God says that children are a blessing, and when I see how much progress they are making in their math, or how amazed they are at our solar system, or hear how much eleanor loves pickling beets with her momma, or when I see the kids riding their bikes in the cul-de-sac (and eleanor tying up her 'horse' with string before coming inside) I am constantly reminded of that. Some people wonder how I can work so much and not just sleep with my time off. They obviously don't know how blessed I am to have these kids to spend time with. It also helps that I have an amazing wife to keep things together at home.

No comments: