Wednesday, July 22, 2009

summer memories

I remember spending a lot of time swimming and playing in the water during the summers when I was growing up. Maybe because I liked it so much that it stands out as a highlight, and the everything else that I did faded away, and now I am left to think that I did more swimming than I actually did.

Since being a "grown up" (I use that term loosely, cause I don't always feel like an old man) I haven't spent anywhere near enough time just having fun in the pool. This year, I think that I will be breaking that trend. We spent a good number of hours yesterday in the pool, and then the kids were at Aldergrove lake today (I know, I was only there in spirit, not actual water). I am thinking that since tomorrow will be a repeat of the last couple days, that we shall be taking a couple hours in the afternoon to stop by the local watering hole before I go to work.

I HAVE to get Vanessa to help me with the sunscreen though, cause I don't seem to be able to manage complete protection of my body. Just look at the back of my right arm for the evidence.

No comments: