Sunday, May 24, 2009

overqualified

From the book of Exodus :
1
Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian, and he led the flock to the far side of the desert and came to Horeb, the mountain of God. Exodus 3:1

I find it quite compelling that Moses, after 40 years of growing up as royalty and being groomed for a possible shot at the throne in Egypt, takes off to the desert. (see the previous chapters for the whole story, it's fantastic). Anyhow, he spends another 40 years in the desert as a shepard working for his father-in-law. Talk about over qualified.

What struck me as compelling was how much time I spent complaining about how I should have a more important role at my restaurant, how I deserved to be more than my position. I see what Moses did, I can only assume without complaint.

We need to work for God wherever He has us right now, and do it with joy until He tells us to do something else. I shall try to remember this in the future.

No comments: