Tuesday, May 5, 2009

fully functioning again

I said last post that I would tell you all about the "date night" adventure if I was able to regain mental capabilities. It took a day or three, but I have returned to previously available functioning. As told, here's the lowdown on date night.

We offered a two for one deal on all appetizers and entree's last wednesday night, beginning at 4pm. We expected to see a night similar to a Friday, where we filled up once, turned over the restaurant and then died off.
What nobody expected was the 50 people waiting at the front door at 345pm. Nor did we expect to be on a wait for the next 6 hours, which I imagine would have continued on through the night if we didn't lock the doors 15 minutes past closing time.
Over 600 entree's were served from 4pm til 11pm. Without any break in the action. It was absolutely the most intense night I have ever had. Busier even than Mother's day, which is far more controlled. This was a free for all, and the fact that everyone survived, noone walked out, nobody was injured (physically, maybe mentally though) is amazing.

I am now in the process of concealing all memories of that night in a well protected box in my mind, surrounded by a 1 foot thick retaining wall which they shall never come out of again.

No comments: