Friday, December 23, 2011

almost done

The end of my 3 week hitch up in Northern BC is almost over, only 4 more days to go. This is good. The part that is a little sad about it though, is that the 4 days of work that I have left include Christmas Eve & Christmas. Now I know that Jesus isn't going to be too upset that I will be celebrating his birth away from home, or that I will be re-celebrating with family a couple days late. I'm pretty sure that the 25th isn't his actual b-day anyway, it's just the day that was chosen by a bunch of dudes a long time ago.

The other exciting part of it all, is that work here in camp is only part one of this trip. After I am done work I get to visit some family in Surrey before heading down to Washington State to visit some friends that we haven't seen for a while. In the middle of visiting them, Vanessa and I will be taking a brief 3 day trip to Tulsa. Not quite ready to share what we will be doing there, but we will be leaving the kids to visit the Messengers while we are away.

As exciting as all the travelling is, I am looking forward to getting home. I don't really have a job lined up yet, which is adding a bit of stress, but I do believe that things will work out and fall in to place as needed. There are a few opportunities that I am pursuing right now, and hope to have something sorted before getting home.

For now, I will spend the next couple days listening to the wind blow ferociously. I will eat a lot of camp food, which is pretty decent (and I hear rumors of lobster on Christmas day?). I will visit the gym and get my sweat on. There will be some resume sending, and probably some napping.

Where will you be for Christmas?

1 comment:

angela said...

Hey russell<
you're doing everything you need to do right now for your family to provide and that is what pleases our Lord, i am sure. It is hard to think of you so far away, without us but i'm sure proud of you ! I'm back home out of hospital now for good, God has brought me out of the darkness back into His light and was there the whole time through this journey., It was nice to here from you from your blog and hopefully we get to see you before you are off and running again. I;\'ll be praying over those resumes you send out, that they reach the right hands in the right time to the right comapnay, O Lord. Oh, you are being so obedient- that i truly believe what path you are on God will provide for you! Be blesses in your last few days- love you lots (-: Ang